"My passion for writing and love for travelling, shopping, music not to mention joyful eating, blissful baking and everything that comes in between... are all addends of MY FOOT NOTES"

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Liliw Laguna: The Marikina of the South.

         March 14, 2011

A Glimpse of Liliw Laguna


    My short vacation in the town of Pila, Laguna last year made this LILIW Stopover my third visit  perhaps. My first trip here was way back in 2002 after celebrating Lucban's Annual Pahiyas Festival ( it was one hasty stop though ) and was followed a year after for my PHOTO JOURN project. The main purpose of this side trip was of course to buy some footwears...

Liliw  Laguna known for sizeable shoe industry that rivals that of  Marikina City.
       I got tsinelas for us, 3 pieces for a hundred bucks and one Black Espadrilles for only P180 which cost around P400-P500 if purchased here in our malls in the metro.

Shoe Stall @ Gat Tayaw aka "The Tsinelas Street"

BADONG, one of the best shoe factory store in LILIW
        Liliw Laguna is also best known for its cold water spring resorts & some native delicacies such as banana chips, barquiron and my youngest sister favorite URARO. So it was a must to get one big bag for her. Got it for P85...
                         ST. JOHN THE BAPTIST CATHOLIC CHURCH
The Red Church with the Gazebo
          These 2 pictures were accidental snapshots... Taken from an establishment in front of  Bahay Pamahalaan ng LILIW. I was having my pee break when I saw the church.

The Red Church of Liliw Laguna
   St. John the Baptist Church is one of the most popular places to visit while in Liliw ( And I failed to do so, anyway at least I got a pic of it ) its centuries old, red bricked baroque style architecture with its exquisite facade thus its dubbed as the "RED CHURCH".

     Hopefully, I'll get to visit this quaint little town in the near future for more photo opportunities and enjoy its picturesque beauty.
         

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sharing is Blessing!!!