"My passion for writing and love for travelling, shopping, music not to mention joyful eating, blissful baking and everything that comes in between... are all addends of MY FOOT NOTES"

Saturday, April 09, 2011

Macau Flora Garden Cable Car... Shortest Cable Ride in the World

It was indeed the shortest cable car ride, it only last for 60 seconds.


Our choice of transportation to go on top of  Guia Hill is the Cable Car which they say is the easiest and fastest way... And honestly I don't know why I did... Being Acrophobic with extreme fear of cable car rides, it entailed us an utter determination before we totally gave in... We purchased round way ticket for 2 ( knowing that we'd still be coming back on this end on our way to Fisherman's Wharf... but we decided not to anyway... went the other way of Guia Hill, on the long winding path... we basically walked all the way down towards Royal Hotel...a real long way down, believe me )

After the ticket, we were directed to the lift going towards the entrance of the cable car on the second floor. While on the lift  we were really having second thoughts about it... the doors opened and I remembered (with sly smile) we did not move an inch. An old man who work there gestured "hurry" and well that brought us back to our senses... haha!!! we hopped in anyway... as to all the cable rides, it is freely moving... and we have to hurry to step. That 60 seconds seemed like forever... As it started to move, I closed my eyes...then felt the wind blew, and the car swing a bit... I was so frightened... but then again I challenged myself... This is just one of those moment I said to myself ... so I gradually opened my eyes... and thankfully got the hang of it... Pictures were then taken, Good Grief!!!


As if the biggest challenge to us... we both  pose for success!!!


Cable car ticket prices: Adult's price is Mop$3.00 for one way, Mop$5.00 for return. For students; children from 2 to 18 years old and seniors over 65 years old, the price will be Mop$2.00 for one way and Mop$3.00 for return. 
Opening hours: 8:00a.m. to 6:00p.m. Open everyday except Mondays (if Monday happens to be public holidays, the cable car will be closed on the next day). Open on public holidays.
Address: Avenida do Sidónio Pais, Macau 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sharing is Blessing!!!